- Thomas Edison
1. Exercise regularly
This does not have to be anything overly strenuous. Something as simple as a daily walk can make a huge difference.
2. Eat a healthy diet
Proper nutrients allow the body to repair itself easier.
3. Maintain good posture
Are you sitting up straight as you read this?
4. Stretch your spine before and after sports
This will also help to loosen up the surrounding muscles.
5. Don't overload your backpack or purse
Remember to carry it over both shoulders to balance the load (if possible).
6. Stretch your legs and back after each hour of sitting
Whether in a car or at a desk, stretching regularly will help to keep you from tightening up or injuring yourself further.
7. Never cradle the phone between your neck and shoulder.
8. Sleep on your back or side, not on your stomach
This helps to keep your spine in line and reduces the risk of hurting your neck while you sleep.
9. Invest in a good chair, pillow and mattress
When you think about the amount of time you use these things each day, it's worth it.
10. Have regular spinal check-ups
It's much easier to prevent a problem than to correct one.